We escaped a few weeks ago to the Central Coast of California after we lost our power and internet for a few days due to the extreme high winds and dry fire danger weather in Half Moon Bay. Bummer for a lot of people here in our area, but we were fortunate to be able to jump in the car and have an adventure!
Loaded up the Mini Cooper (BEST car for driving on Hwy 1!) and we were ready to roll in just a few hours. An opportune time to take our stemless whale tumblers and try out a new fall cocktail concoction! Rolling into our hotel just as the sun was beginning its descent into the Pacific, we quickly unpacked the ingredients for our Apple Butter Old Fashioneds and got ready to watch the sky glow over Morro Bay.
Here's what you need - ingredients for one drink:
- cinnamon plus coarse sugar for decorating the rim
- Apple Slices for Garnish
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- dash of orange bitters
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Butter (we keep a jar in the fridge at this time of year!)
- 2 ounces Evan Williams 100 Proof Bourbon (or your choice of Bourbon)
- Splash of Ginger Beer to add a little sizzle!
Bar Essentials Needed:
Double Old Fashioned Glasses or Stemless Tumblers
1. Mix Cinnamon and Sugar together; then use to rim glasses
2. In an ice filled cocktail shaker, combine the apple cider, lemon juice, orange bitters, apple butter and bourbon. Give it a few shakes to combine well.
3. Strain into your prepared glasses filled with ice. Top with a splash of ginger beer and garnish with cinnamon sprinkled apple slices.
So yum, and absolutely perfect for sharing on a beautiful fall evening with someone you love.
P.S. Stemless Tumblers make great travel cocktail glasses and great holiday gifts too!