Ten of our Favorite Tips for Daylight Savings Time:
1. Go to bed an hour earlier Saturday night, and enjoy your seven to eight hours of sleep in your cozy bed.
2. Kids pay more attention to their internal time clock than timepieces, so make sure that your kiddoes get to bed early on Saturday night too. That way they will be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for Monday morning school routines. (at least you hope so!)
3.Don't give into the urge for a long nap, it will really mess up your sleep schedule. Darn it, that's our fave thing to do on a lazy Sunday...
4. Limit your caffeine intake in the late afternoon. Maybe try a new decaf tea?
5. Watch your cocktail and wine consumption before bedtime - not always a great sleep inducer, even though you might think so!
6. Don't eat a big dinner too close to bedtime. (not really a great idea any time!)
7. If you usually work out at night, maybe mix it up this week to make sure that your exercise routine ends 3 hours before bedtime to give your body (and mind) a chance to relax before climbing into your sheets.
8. Wind down with a relaxing activity; stretching, yoga, listening to music or reading a good book. (you know, the one that you've been meaning to read for months....)
9. Power down your electronic devices at least 2 hours before snuggling in bed. This means everything; tablets, computers, cell phones, and step away from the tv. Seriously, this is a great habit for good sleep all of the time. Your brain and your eyes need a break. (Give yourself a break from all the bad news anyway...)
10. Make your bedroom a sleep sanctuary. Dark, (no electronic lights - leave your cell phone in the other room) quiet and open your windows to let the sea breeze blow in... Don't forget great bedding, soft pillows, snuggly throw blankets....
P.S. All of our Clocks Ship for Free this weekend! NO coupon code needed - simply add them to your cart