Apple Sangria Cocktail to Celebrate Fall!
Posted by Caron on 24th Sep 2016
Wow - is it Fall already? We've been crazy busy at Caron's Beach House getting ready for fall company (we have a famous Pumpkin Fest in our coastal town!) and adding tons of new products.(if you get a chance, take a peek at our NEW Category!)
Time to take a break this weekend - and try out some new a new fall themed cocktail before our guests arrive next week. We have to make sure that we serve the best one, right? Love this easy Honeycrisp Apple Sangria!
Sounds perfect! Red wine, my favorite apples and brandy. YUM. Discovered on the very cute blog - Sally's Baking Addiction
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (don't use expensive wine - no need)
- 1 and 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 - 24 hours. (this is a MUST for good Sangria!)
- If you'd like a cinnamon-sugar rim (Sally highly recommends), simply moisten the rim of your glasses with water, turn the glass upside down and dip it into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Pour in the sangria with apples and orange slices and add a splash of club soda Garnish with a cinnamon stick or apple slice.
Stemless Wine Glasses would be the perfect way to serve these!
Pineapple Etched Stemless Tumblers